Wednesday, February 18

The One Where We Drank Expensive Martinis (pt. 2)



First, let me say this: I don't think the martinis were that expensive.

Apologies for the delay in getting these Little Bar (at the Mud Island River Inn) pictures out! If you're anything like me - and for your sake, I hope you're not - you've spent a few nights lying awake wondering, "What must that confit have looked like?" or "How would one execute a savory beignet?"

Sleep well tonight, my friends, because now you know the answers to your respective queries are "Delicious" and "Deliciously." I could have used a little more tasso and crawfish in the beignets (they were excellent nonetheless), but the duck confit crepe was a don't miss - please try this if you're ever on the island. I think it was around $10. But don't expect to go for dinner - this is strictly a drinks and nibbles kind of place.

Was I surprised that the food at Little Bar was special? Of course not - it's the same kitchen as Currents, for cripes sake. But I was pleased by how much I enjoyed this sort of liminal, not-quite-fine-dining experience. Little Bar is a great way to do Currents casual-style. It's connected to the restaurant, so you feel like a part of the experience, but not so much that you're embarrassed about the blue jeans you're donning. Maybe it's the new Memphian in me that appreciates that. Regardless, the old college student in me appreciated that it I spent a lot less money.

No comments:

Post a Comment